What is customer satisfaction?
Customer satisfaction is the heart of the Quality Improvement Process. We all serve our external customers, but most of us also have internal (next process) customers. Everyone we serve is our customer and deserves to be treated with the same care as the ultimate customer.
How do we do it?
- We divide up our work process into inputs, processes and outputs.
- We determine who receives our outputs; that is, who are our next process customers?
- We work with our customers to determine what the valid requirements are for our process outputs.
- On the basis or valid requirements, we develop quality indicators through which we can monitor our performance in an ongoing way.
- We take corrective action when necessary to satisfy customer needs.
When do we use it?
We use the customer next process concept to bring the necessity for qulaity to every aspect of our work, both internally (within the company) and externally.
The Customer Satisfaction Philosophy
- We are in a long-range relationship with our customers
- We must help our customers identify and satisfy their needs and wants.
- Those needs and wants are bound to change to change and evolve.
- We must keep the lines of communication open between suppliers and customers.